Friday, September 12, 2014

Autumn in the Air

This morning I woke up to 65 degrees. That wasn't unusual for this Summer. There have been plenty of cool mornings like this, but today was different. For the first time, Autumn was in the air. I could feel it in the trees and see it in the sky. The shady awning of Autumn has now dropped across the northern hemisphere, and it won't beginning lifting again until the first day of Winter.

Our four seasons
I brought in a load of firewood a few days ago and told myself that is was for Autumn campfires with friends. But some of it will remain as Winter approaches, to be burned in my woodstove in the coming weeks. I'm not ready for Autumn yet. Usually by the end of August, I'm happy to see shorter days and cooler nights, having spent too many hot Summer nights sweating as I lay in bed. But not this year. It's mid-September now, and I miss the heat of Summer already.

3 comments:

  1. David? How are you? I have a story to tell, and it's a bit lengthy.. so maybe later.
    I ran across your Blog while searching Wall Tents on Google. Where did you purchase yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I purchased a 12' x 14' Wilderness tent from The Wall Tent Shop (http://www.walltentshop.com/). Got all the treatments (fire, mildew, etc.) and the extra rafter angle kit (for snow loads). Also had a stove jack installed in the back wall so that I didn't have to compromise the rain fly overhead. I've been very happy with the quality. It's been a really nice home for me.

      Hope that helps, and I'd love to hear your story sometime :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete