Thursday, March 6, 2014

Farewell Winter

It's the first week of March and there's still plenty of snow at my place. The cold, white hand of Winter still holds on. It was an impressive season. There were very few strong winds at my place, thankfully, but plenty of cold days, and lots of snow. My rain fly took a lot of punishment and will have to finally be replaced before next Winter. She's served me well and will get me through Autumn, but she will not survive another Winter, especially another Winter like this one.

I underestimated the amount of firewood I would need to get me through this Winter...twice. And for the third time I am down to only a few days supply, but this time I won't resupply. Part of me wants one, last cold night before Spring. I want to feel it all and remember it well. This has been a strong, wonderful Winter. One to be respected. And so I bid you farewell, Winter! Until next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment