Friday, June 8, 2012

My $3000 Home

Here's a breakdown of what I spent on my tent. Unfortunately, I didn't keep very good records, but these figures are pretty close:

Platform (blocks, lumber, and fasteners): $300
Interior tent frame (conduit and angle fixtures): $300
Tent (canvas shell, ropes, and stakes): $800
Rain fly (wooden support, tarp, ropes, and stakes): $300
Door assembly (lumber, Plexiglas, and hardware): $150
Wood stove (including stove pipe): $300
Earth closet: $50
Dump sink (bucket, pipes, and fixtures): $20
Cook stove (burners, hose, and LP tanks): $80
TOTAL: $2300

That's for the finished structure with all the systems. Then I had to furnish the interior space with shelves, a closet, a bed, some rugs, some art work, and so on. The whole thing is less than $3000.

No comments:

Post a Comment